Monday, August 23, 2010

Mixes From The Heartland Dilled Pasta Salad

The Dilled Pasta Salad from Mixes From the Heartland hasn't survived my household very well. Both my mother and myself tried some immediately after making it Sunday afternoon, and I have almost finished it. My mother commented that it was "too dilly." I agree that it does have a bit too seasoning to it, but otherwise, it's okay. As we did not have milk on hand other than almond milk or soy milk (vanilla or chocolate, anyone?), we used powdered milk and Miracle Whip salad dressing. We also added bacon bits. All in all, it reminds me a lot of those Betty Crocker Suddenly Salad mixes that I used to be able to eat before I developed a severe allergy to wheat and not just an intolerance to wheat products. It uses the shells and everything! Of course, they're brown rice pasta shells. But this product gets three and a half stars out of five.

No comments:

Post a Comment